- Vendors of The Contributor are eligible for cash payment for submitting original content. Original work published is also eligible for additional cash payment.
- The editorial staff of The Contributor is available to assist vendors with all aspects of the editorial process.Vendors may submit content below or by dropping off a hard copy at the Vendor Office during our sales office hours of operation in Room In The Inn.
- Vendors may also submit material directly to a member of the editorial staff after new paper release every other Wednesday.
- If you have professional writing experience and are interested in working on a freelance basis, please contact email@example.com
EDITORIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
- Submitting your work to The Contributor does not guarantee it will be published.
- We reserve the right to edit any content in order to fit our editorial guidelines.
- We accept only original, unpublished material.We do not publish articles that use hearsay to make an argument.
- We do not publish articles that use defamatory language of any kind, including classist, racist, sexist, or homophobic.
- We do not print submissions that are excessively or unnecessarily crude.
- We do not publish articles that unduly demonize any individual, group, or organization, especially when there is a lack of justifiable evidence to support the position.
- Please do not submit articles that commit libel. “Libel” is publishing in print an untruth about a person or organization that does harm to that person or organization’s reputation.
- We do not print articles written by an employee/volunteer of an organization (non-profit or otherwise) that essentially “advertises” the organization.
- If you would like us to consider publishing a profile of your organization, let us know and we would be happy to consider sending one of our writers to do a story.
FORMAT FOR TYPEWRITTEN SUBMISSION
- Include your first and last names and your contact information. We seldom publish anonymous or pseudonymous submissions. Use one space after sentence-ending punctuation.
- Use one return only at the end of paragraphs. Please limit articles to 1,000 words and no less than 250 words.